Monday, June 11, 2007

I want to grow a minimum number of plants very well, maybe two or three, and I want to go birdwatching and fishing. I want to ride my bike a lot and attend public lectures and events. I am writing poetry again, something I haven't done in years.

Feet upon feet
Senseless distance traversed becomes a palm in prayer
We are waiting, skin says
In our wake is the code of weight and heft,
We have not stayed, only slept.
&
When I ride my arms feel the latent heat of the land,
I pass over bridges and hairs adumbrate a distant air that tastes like river.

So there's that. Also: I am going to miss Milwaukee and the senseless free things: afternoon tea on the house from Anopa, winning trivia at Stonefly multiple night for free beer, free toast brunch at Nomad, free bacon at Comet, free movies from the Oriental, free tea from Rishi, free vegetables from Outpost Coop, free books from the library, public days at the Art Museum and Science Museum, free dinners at Nessun Dorma, countless free drinks from Nessun Dorma and Circa and County Clare, free clothes from Annie's, free records also from Annie's. My town's a cornucopia. I relinquish my plenty, but only in hope that someone else will recognize the possibilities here and act.

No comments: